Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Refeed Day for Fat Loss

My Refeed Day

This past Sunday was my "refeed" day in which I consumed about 500-600 grams of carbohydrates in an attempt to increase my metabolism and leptin for further fat loss during my cut. 

I started off my day by going to the gym to do 60 minutes of low intensity steady state cardio while sipping on a BCAA/Creatine drink during the cardio session.

After the cardio session, me and my gf went to the supermarket to buy my carbohydrates for the day. I bought a Take & Bake loaf of bread, a bag of Rold Gold Cheddar pretzels, and I also had some instant chicken Pho packages at home that I was going to eat as well.

Carbohydrates make you sleepy

All of this together was about 600 grams of carbohydrates. I also had a protein shake with two scoops of protein while eating my carbs as well.

Eating all these carbs after not having any for a period of time may sound great but this was no easy feat! 

As soon as I was halfway through the loaf of bread and pretzels, I felt the carb coma coming on and all I wanted to do was go to sleep! I had a very hard time eating the remaining carbohydrates.

In addition to barely being able to keep my eyes open, I felt bloated as hell! The crazy thing is this is how obese people eat everyday. I was just thinking about how horrible I felt and imagining that this must be how people who eat like this feel everyday!


Carbs!

Carbohydrate refeeds are not so easy and may possibly be even more difficult than the actual dieting :) I know this is the case for me. I much more enjoy the dieting process than bulking process.

I think in the future I may experiment with carbohydrate cycling. This is basically where you rotate days of no, medium, and high carbs throughout the week, but nowhere near as high as the refeed. This is something I'll write about in more detail at a later date. 

How have your experiences with refeeds or cheat days been?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried refeeding with rice, cassava and fruits instead of pretzels and instant pasta?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...